The National Union of Healthcare Workers (NUHW) is searching for a talented, hard-working individual committed to building a powerful and democratic union. The successful candidate for this position will have union experience organizing and representing workers under collective bargaining agreements. Healthcare industry contract bargaining and organizing experience a plus. S/he will be values-driven, self-motivated, and resourceful.
The NUHW is an independent, member-led union, dedicated to improving the lives of healthcare workers and the people we care for. NUHW is building a national movement of caregivers to hold healthcare corporations accountable to the public interest and win affordable, quality healthcare for all.
• Ability to motivate and lead workers in struggle
• Effective communication skills — listening, oral and written; bilingualism highly valued
• Capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
• Knowledge of labor law in areas such as NLRA, FLSA, Title 22, Cal OSHA, etc.
• Formal and informal negotiating skills
• Proficiency in computer applications including email, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and use of the Internet
• Willingness to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
Must have a car, driver’s license and insurance; cell phone with email capability.
For more information about NUHW, go to our website at www.NUHW.org.
Salary $49,000-71,000 plus employer paid medical and dental benefits; holidays, sick leave, vacation.
How to Apply
Email your resume, cover letter, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Put your beliefs and skills into action. Apply today and be part of making history!